The object of Power Grid is to supply the most cities with power when someones network gains a predetermined size. In this new edition, players mark pre-existing routes between cities for connection, and then vie against other players to purchase the power plants that you use to supply the power. However, as plants are purchased, newer more efficient plants become available so youre potentially allowing others to access to superior equipment merely by purchasing at all. Additionally, players must acquire the raw materials, like coal, oil, garbage, or uranium, to power said plants(except for the highly valuable "renewable energy" wind/solar plants),making it a constant struggle to upgrade your plants for maximum efficiency while still retaining enough wealth to quickly expand your network to get the cheapest routes.
This is the latest reprint originally issued in December of 2005.
* 1 Board (map, scoring track, resource market); two-sided (Germany and U.S.A.)
* 132 Wooden Houses (22 each in the 6 player colors)
* 84 Wooden Tokens (24 coal (brown), 24 oil (black), 24 garbage (yellow), 12 uranium (red))
* Money (in Elektro)
* 5 Summary Cards: order of play/payments
* 43 Power Plant Cards (42 power plant cards and 1