Chapter 4: "Endless Night"
by F. Wesley Schneider
The Underworld Awaits!
Far below the world of light, a cavity of unspeakable evil spreads an ancient hatred through the darkness. From their city of Zirnakaynin the dark elves rule an empire of lies and dark magic. Already their foul ambitions grasp for the world above, threatening a cataclysm beyond reckoning and the advent of a second Age of Darkness. Only by taking on the disguises of dark elves themselves and invading the capital of the drow can the PCs discover their enemies’ true faces and put an end to their world-shattering plot. But what hope for survival can natives of the surface have in a merciless realm of endless night?
This volume of Pathfinder includes:
- “Endless Night,” an adventure for 9th-level characters, by F. Wesley Schneider
- An exploration of Zirnakaynin, the sunless city of the drow, with revelations on its cruel residents and ruthless rulers, by F. Wesley Schneider
- Secrets of the perverse drow art of fleshwarping and the terrifying abominations born of this mad science, by J.D. Wiker and Darrin Drader
- Eando Kline reawakens an evil that could jeopardize all of Golarion in the Pathfinder’s Journal, by Jay Thompson
- Five new monsters by Jonathan Drain and F. Wesley Schneider
For characters of 9th to 11th level.
Pathfinder is Paizo Publishing's 96-page, perfect-bound, full-color softcover Adventure Path book printed on high-quality paper that releases in a monthly volume. Each volume is brought to you by the same staff which brought you Dragon and Dungeon magazines for over five years. It contains an in-depth Adventure Path scenario, stats for about a half-dozen new monsters, and several support articles meant to give Game Masters additional material to expand their campaign. Because Pathfinder uses the Open Game License, it is 100% compatible with the 3.5 edition of the world's most popular fantasy roleplaying game.