Created by Lee Garvin, author of the acclaimed Tales from the Floating Vagabond, this book introduces comprehensive rules for playing intelligent animals. It will be popular with everyone from groups that want to try all animal or mixed animal-humanoid parties, to players who want to expand their animal companions and familiars, to gamemasters who wish to spring interesting and unexpected foes against their players.
Features of this "Animal Player’s Handbook" include:
- Statistics for more than 60 playable species of noble animal;
- Modifications and additions to existing classes, skills, and feats appropriate to animal characters;
- A new basic character class: the Greater Familiar;
- Eight new Prestige Classes, including the Man-Eater and War Mount;
- Special rules for the use of magic by animal characters;
- Information on running several different sorts of campaigns, along with guidelines for Modern scenarios;
- Deeds—magical abilities acquired by performing heroic actions;
- Rules for several new types of magical treasures, including Fetishes, Jujus, and Spellthralls;
- Illustrations by dozens of artists, including Dragan Ciric, Sharon Daugherty, Todd Diamond, Phil Kightlinger, Russell Prime, Ryan Rouse, George Sieretski, Geoff Weber, and Kira Woodmansee
- A 24-page set of Noble Animal Spell Lists
- And much more!